Circa 1910 Super High End Renovated Cottage - A Must See
- 2 Beds
- 1 Bath
- 2 Cars
This circa 1910 Single Fronted Cottage/Villa embodies 6-star luxury with timeless sophistication in one of Adelaide's most illustrious inner-city postcodes in Kent Town. The property has undergone a complete and intricate restoration boasting in only the finest building materials, joinery and workmanship. You are only 2km from Rundle Mall, a quick 5-10min stroll to Hutt Street, Rundle Street or the Parade, Adelaide's premier dining precincts.
** For Rent or Sale **
The homes exquisite detail is immediately evident as you enter via the custom front door with its one-way mirrored glass to a passage way gleaming in solid 800mm x 400mm travertine marble flooring and complete with a full-length feature wall with original exposed brick work and timber trimming. Both bedrooms boast new carpets, raised ceilings with feature lighting via the coffered bulk heads and 2-pac built in wardrobes.
A calming ambience ensues, as you make your way into the open plan living area configured with the exquisite designer kitchen as the focal point. It overlooks the lounge/family space and also opens to the oasis like rear yard via the handy bi-folds. The signature 2-pac white kitchen is exceptional, featuring all your high end, quality appliances, mirrored splash blacks, Caesarstone bench tops, 30mm book matched marble island bench and extended dining table with mirrored base.
The deluxe bathroom boasts custom cabinetry with mitred grey marble joinery, floor to ceiling marble tiles and in-wall toilet. Your next shower and bath will be an experience to savour via the rain dance shower head and oversized, 1800mm wide iron bath tub. Extra features include the frameless sliding shower screen and heated towel rails.
You have your very own outdoor sanctuary complete with an undercover Alfresco with heaters, surround sound and feature downlights as well as solid 400mm x 800m bluestone floor tiles and custom rear wall (plumbed for water feature).
Vendor Notes - Building Design and Inclusions
• New "blanket" insulation
• New oversized fascia around entire perimeter
• New colorbond roof and gutter to entire property
The Front Faade
• Front picket fence removed and replaced with Brick pillars, feature 44 with lights behind and decked screen behind
• Original floors including stumps, bearers and joists stripped and replaced with F5 Hardwood with "foilboard underfloor insulation"
• Particleboard flooring (red tounge) then fibre cement flooring then tiles above
• Solid 800 x 400 x 20mm Italian travertine marble flooring from front door to back
• Custom front door with 1-way mirrored glass for privacy (not a tint)
• Whole house rewired, all lights LED
• Custom bedroom oversized door openings and hallway opening to create feeling of space in small house
• Ceilings demolished, new joists, new raised ceilings with feature coffered ceiling (bulkheads) to bedrooms 1,2 and lounge and insulation batts, as well as the blanket insulation
• Attic storage to entire roof space above lounge, Bed 1 and 2
• Plantation shutters bedrooms 1,2 and lounge
• Feature hallway wall with exposed 1910 year original brickwork (107yr old)
• Master bedroom has exposed feature original 107 year brick wall as bed head
• New carpets
• Custom 2Pac built in cabinetry with Hafele door furniture throughout
• Oversized skirting
• New concrete floor to kitchen and bathroom with hydronic heating set up, just needs boiler to be installed
• Custom 2Pac kitchen in flat paint
• Mirrored splashbacks to bounce light and the view to create a larger feel for home
• 20mm Caesarstone kitchen and laundry benchtop
• 30mm book matched marble feature island bench and extended dining table with built in power points and mirrored base to create floating affect for dining table
• Integrated dishwasher with floor display timer
• Undermount double bowl sink
• Feature black kitchen tap
• High end quality range hood, oven and dishwasher
• European laundry with "butler's pantry side"
• 2nd meter box
• Fold out hidden ironing board (within cabinetry)
• A/C - Custom whisper quiet ducted refrigerated air-conditioning with custom vents to kitchen, lounge and bedrooms 1 and 2 oversized ductwork for quietness
• Solid Italian Travertine Marble floor to ceiling
• 30mm Pietra Grey Marble mitred cabinetry
• High end fixtures
• Rain dance shower head (rains from the ceiling)
• 2nd shower with diversion for hand held head
• Diversion for bath water outlet (no tapware visible)
• Oversized custom complete stainless steel smart floor traps
• Ceiling speaker
• Heated towel rail
• Private courtyard
• Heat lamps x 2
• Custom feature walls, 1 with fold up bench seat
• Bi fold aluminium doors
• Ceiling speakers
• Power provision for TV on external feature wall
• Hardwood timber decking
- Air Conditioning
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close To Schools
- Close To Shops
2 garage spaces
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.