Classic Reproduction Sandstone Fronted House
- 4 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 2 Cars
Hidden Gem! Private Oasis
Quietly and unassumingly located at the rear of a hammerhead allotment and within walking distance of the Norwood Parade cosmopolitan lifestyle precinct, this classic sandstone fronted return verandah home offers a refined, open plan, low maintenance lifestyle, perfect for those looking to wind down, busy professionals or astute investors. To complete this offering the home has two undercover parking spaces set back securely from the street.
Tessellated tiles, bullnose verandah, stained glass features and ornate quoin work greet us as we enter the home featuring neutral tones, down lighting and 3.0m high ceilings. Back-lit artwork niches and a recessed bulkhead ceiling provide an elegant touch as crisp floating floors flow through to the living areas.
The low maintenance design offers a large open plan casual living space. Large windows throughout enable a gentle infusion of natural light. The kitchen overlooks this comfortable family zone, boasting gloss white cabinetry with soft close drawers, stainless steel appliances, 900mm wide oven & cooktop, stone benchtops, island bar, double sink and tiled splashbacks. Dual French doors open to a full width verandah offering private and protected year-round outdoor living. Entertain family and friends in style under this stunning bull nose verandah, complete with skylight panels to create a bright outdoor living atmosphere.
There are 3 large bedrooms plus a study or 4th bedroom. The master bedroom offers a traditional bay window, built-in robes and direct bathroom access. Bedroom 2 also features a bay window, and both bedrooms 2 and 3 have built-in robes. Floor-to-ceiling tiles grace the main bathroom, with a corner spa enhancing the romanticism. A second bathroom of equal quality boasts a semi-frameless shower screen, dual vanities and quality down lighting, perfectly located near bedroom 2 and adjacent to a spacious study or 4th bedroom complete with a functional built-in desk and bookshelves.
Features in brief:
- Classic reproduction house on low maintenance hammerhead allotment
- Sandstone fronted with dual bay windows, tessellated tiles, stained glass and quoin work
- Stunning entrance hall with recessed bulkhead ceiling and back-lit artwork niches
- Huge open plan living, dining and kitchen area
- Kitchen overlooking living and dining with extended views over the rear courtyard
- Kitchen offers gloss white cabinetry with soft close drawers, stainless steel appliances, 900mm wide oven & cooktop, stone benchtops, island bar, double sink and tiled splashbacks
- Dual French doors with stained glass panels lead to outdoor living
- Large bullnose verandah covered (with skylight inserts) alfresco entertaining area
- 3 bedrooms, all of double proportion, all with built-in robes
- Built-in study or 4th bedroom
- Bedrooms 1 & 2 with stunning bay windows featuring quality curtains
- 2 full bathrooms, both with floor-to-ceiling tiles, semi-frameless shower screens and quality appointments
- Corner spa bath to the main bathroom
- Walk through laundry with separate external access door
- 3.0m ceilings
- Reverse cycle ducted and zones air conditioning throughout
- Undercover off-street parking (double carport)
Peacefully located within easy reach of all suburban amenities. The Norwood Swimming Centre and Borthwick Park are located nearby with other outstanding parkland areas in the local area including Burnside Adventure Park, Kensington Gardens Bowls & Lawn Tennis Club and other associated sporting clubs.
There are a host of local schools in the area including Norwood Morialta High, Pembroke School, Marryatville High and Primary Schools, Rose Park Primary, Norwood Primary, St Joseph's School plus Pembroke School, St Peters Girls College and Loreto College.
Marryatville Shopping Centre and Burnside Village will provide the most modern of shopping facilities, perfect for your designer needs. Norwood Shopping Centre is a casual stroll away with the restaurants, entertainment and speciality shops of the Norwood Parade also at your disposal.
Council | Norwood Payneham & St Peters
Zone | Residential Character
Land | 419sqm (approx)
House | 276sqm (approx)
Built | 2005
Council Rates | $2,264.26pa
Water | $302.19pq
ESL | $491.15pa
- Close To Schools
- Close To Shops
- Close To Transport
2 garage spaces
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.